Pages

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Game Selection 01 by PhonAsia : Summer Holidays Season

I used to be a (big) gamer. Still am on my high end PC.

Using a smartphone for about 4 years now and a tablet for half this time, I found that the best combination for me is a mixture of 1 or 2 big games and several small games.

First things first, let's start with some big games that I'm enjoying right now. Prices are indicated in Euros since my account is.

Big Games 

Might & Magic : Clash of Heroes (3.99 €)



This is one of the most anticipated game and praised by players and media since its launch on the Nindento DS. It was so successul and appreciated that the game found its way to the PS Network, Xbox Live, PC (through Steam) and iOS.
It is strategic puzzle game. The two styles are perfectly merged and the main campaign (which I finished) could last you about 30 hours if you want to unlock everything.
The main flow is the lack of online multiplayer (only ad hoc is allowed) which makes it hard to extend your enjoyment. What infuriates me even more is the fact the this online feature is available is every other platform (except for the NDS).

Anomaly Korea (3.69 €)


An excellent strategic game developped with a touch screen mind. It is a offensive tower-defense. I guess we should call it a tower offense game. It is really great and you will have worth ot 10 hours game time in the campaign mode. Then, you can change the difficulty or make some skirmishes.


Magic 2014 (Freenium => in app purchase)


The world acclaimed board card game finally arrived last month on the Play Store.
3 decks are available at the beginning and you can complete the first campaign free of charge. Afterwards, you can pay to unlock 7 more decks are more content to play with (extra campaigns and AI opponents).
I haven't finished the campaign yet, but so far, so good BUT it lacks an online multiplayer mode... (I don't know what is wrong with editors).


Small Games :
I think you must know most of those games but I am going to list them anyway.

Temple Run 2 (Free)

I won't go on about this so successul game. It is a infinite runner, very addictive. It is a must have.

Jetpack Joyride (Free)


I am spending all my free time on this game right now. It is a horizontal runner as opposed as Temple Run which is vertical. The greatest thing is one game's session duration (1 to 2 mins). It is extremely short, when you a bit busy and you don't have a lot of time to allow for gaming, launch Jetpack Joyride

Vector Full Version (0.75 €)


Ther is also a free version but it is so frustrating, you won't be able to progress without paying.
It is another horizontal runner but it is much more sophisticated than Jetpack Joyride.


Open Sudoku (Free)
Addicted to Sudoku ? This is for you ! The best app for Sudoko fans. 


Rayman Jungle Run (2.49 €)


It is a horizontal runner (yes, another one, I really like those games lately). It is quite simple at first but it becomes quickly a demanding game. Some levels, I spend like at least half an hour to get by them ! You'll get you money back.


Next time, for our 2nd game seleciton, I will more diversify game types. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment